Our high strength, thermoset material dehonit® is ideal for tools and mechanical engineering applications. For more than 50 years dehonit® has been successfully used as:
- Tools for stretch forming
- Tools for deep drawing
- Test devices
- Gear racks
- Sliding guides
in mechanical engineering.
Also, for work-piece carriers in the automotive industry, dehonit® compressed laminated wood is the optimum material.
Advantages of dehonit® are:
- Low specific weight of 1.35 – 1.40 g/cm³
- High compressive strength of 300 N/mm² max.
- Low sliding friction µ = 0,15-0,25
- Self-lubricating up to the maximum compressive load
- Machinable like wood
To meet your exact requirements we can produce different dehonit® grades. We can advise on areas of application and limits of the different grades that have been determined by extensive testing of the full product range both externally and in our own in-house laboratory.